Thursday, February 15, 2007

Pacific Diver - Farnham, North Yorks - 29th Jan 2007.





A hastily arranged 1/2 day holiday from work saw me arrive at Farnham Gravel Pits, North Yokshire at 15:00hrs. Before setting off however, I felt the need to nip home and brush up on the ID features distinguishing Pacific from Black-throated Diver!

Despite the fact that the bird was never closer than 2/3rds across the pit, good scope views were had of this 1stw Pacific Diver, apparently a textbook example, from the rear of the factory, Theves UK. However, for digiscoping, I had to content myself with Camcorder footage against the light.

I had intended to go back and happily pay the £10 to gain access around the lake, but sadly never had the opportunity before the birds departure.

A really educational bird.